Matthew Long – Schools Programme Manager
Responsible for driving and growing All Stars Cricket within Northamptonshire as well as organising the entire programme of cricket delivery in schools.
Working in the following areas;
All Stars Cricket
- Promoting All Stars Cricket extensively in local primary schools and encouraging transition into local centres.
- Developing relationships with the HE/ voluntary sector to broaden the workforce supporting delivery of ASC
- Facilitate recruitment, training and accreditation of ASC Activators and school promotion workforce
- Develop innovative strategies to engage new audiences and broaden the reach of ASC, increasing brand awareness as a local level
- Supporting ASC centres in action, providing feedback to enhance the customer experience
- Co-ordinating money can’t buy experiences in programme, at a local level and at ODIs and Tests.
- Providing ongoing support to centres and activators, and responding to any queries received.
- Monitoring, evaluating and supporting the end of programme review.
- Achieving targets set by Chance To Shine; a national charity which aims to give all children the opportunity to play, learn and develop through cricket.
- Deliver Continuing Professional Development sessions for primary school teachers
- Support Northamptonshire Sport in delivering school competitions.
- Organise and deliver indoor tournaments
Matt worked voluntarily on the 2017 All Stars Cricket programme, so came into the role with good experience. In October 2018 the All Stars Champion role was combined with the schools programme role. He is an ECB Level 2 qualified cricket coach and has coached for the last 8 years at Old Northamptonians Cricket Club.
Matt graduated from Coventry University in 2013 with a degree in BSc (Hons) Sports and Exercise Science.