ECB Coach Support Worker
The course is designed to help to develop your confidence and equip you with the knowledge, understanding and applied skills to assist a qualified coach in a coaching session and create a safe, enjoyable and welcoming player centred environment.
2 x 3hr face to face modules (usually run over one day)
The Coach Support Worker course is not a UKCC qualification and as such there is no formal assessment. Attendees will be certified on completion of the course if they have a valid DBS and have completed the Safeguarding Young Cricketers course.
You must be 16 years of age
Safeguarding Young Cricketers Certificate (This is an online course which is to be completed prior to attending the CSW, a couple of weeks prior to the course you will receive a link to complete the course to the email address you registered with)
DBS Application to have been sent off prior to first day of course
Over the duration of the course, you can expect to explore the following questions:
• What is the role of a coach support worker?
• How can I ensure that cricket sessions are safe?
• How do I prepare players for cricket sessions?
• What are the different types of practice?
• How can I adapt a coaching session depending on the practice type and the ability of the players?
• How do I deal with poor behaviour?
• How do I create an environment where children want to return?
For the dates of courses we are currently running please CLICK HERE