ECB Certificate in Coaching Children’s Cricket
This course is designed to help to develop your confidence and equip you with the knowledge, understanding and applied skills to lead coaching sessions for children (6-13years of age) and create safe, fun, player centred coaching environments.
Level: UKCC Level 2
8 x 3hr face to face modules (usually run over 4 days plus assessment)
6 x 1hr e-learning modules (approximately)
Applied coaching observed in Module 5 (mock assessment) and Module 8 (Separate assessment day in which you will be given a time slot to attend)
6 x applied coaching (supported practice) sessions in children’s environment
Online multiple choice assessment
18 years of age (learners may attend the course and assessment if they are over 17 years of age, however due to the level of responsibility associated with the role, they will not be certified until they are 18 years of age).
Current emergency aid certificate (to find out more information please click here)
Current Safeguarding Young Cricketers certificate (to find out more information please click here)
Disclosure and Barring service check through ECB (to find out more information please click here).
Over the duration of the course, you can expect to explore the following questions:
- What is the role of a children’s coach and what does good children’s coaching look like?
- What sorts of skills can children learn in cricket coaching sessions?
- How can I develop my own coaching philosophy and why is it important?
- What tools do I need to learn from experiences?
- How do children learn?
- What are the players needs and how can I help to meet them?
- What are the different types of practice and what skills do they develop?
- What tools can I use to help players learn in my coaching session?
- How can I adapt my coaching session depending on the practice type and what skills players are learning?
For details of these courses currently scheduled CLICK HERE