Cricket Development Officer responsible for the management and delivery of a range of cricket related objectives in line with the Northants Recreational Cricket Strategic Plan and within the Northants Recreational Cricket CIC Outcome Framework. The role specialises in Schools Cricket.
- To deliver coaching in Schools as directed by the Northants Schools Plan
- To deliver Coaching Programmes (including 1-1s and various groups)
- To Coach County Squads where agreed
- To manage all aspects of the Northants Schools Programme
- To deliver the Schools Development Plan
- To deliver the Schools Annual Action Plan
- To work with The Cricket Foundation and their Chance To Shine Programme
Chris has spent the last four years as self-employed Cricket Coach and Photographer. Previous experience and responsibilities particular to this role include the management of major projects including exhibitions, user groups, conferences, and tendering for large contracts. He has been involved in coordinating and expanding relationships with trade press, trade partners and networking opportunities.
Cricket related background includes: –
- 6 years as Chance to Shine Programme Manager for Horton House CC, and continues to coach within the C2S scheme and in NRC special projects within schools.
- 2 years in district cricket then 11 years as a county age group coach with Northants Cricket, and has been coaching one to one sessions at the Indoor Centre for four years.
- 15 years coaching experience with Horton House CC and for the last 7 years has run the junior section and coordinated their Club Mark Accreditation.
- Coach and Schools Coordinator with Steven Crook’s Superstar Cricket after school clubs.
- Two years coaching Northampton University Cricket team.
- ECBCA Level 2 Coaching qualification with associated workshops and Enhanced CRB Disclosure.
Lifelong Middlesbrough FC supporter (50 years of Hurt!)