The role is about managing and delivering a range of cricket related objectives in line with the Northants Recreational Cricket Strategic Plan and within the Northants Recreational Cricket CIC Outcome Framework.
The role specialises in Coach Education.
- To deliver coaching in Schools as directed by the Northants Schools Plan
- To deliver Coaching Programmes (including 1-1s and various groups)
- To Coach County/District Squads where agreed
- To manage all aspects of the Northants Coach Education Programme
- To deliver the Coach Education Development Plan
- To deliver the Coach Education Annual Action Plan
- To deliver the Northants Coach Association Action Plan
James joined the Recreational Board in 2007 where he was a Community Cricket Coach. In that time James have coached Primary schools in all 4 Districts and coached in Secondary Schools.
During his time at Northants Recreational Cricket he has been on Tutor and Assessing Courses for Coach Education which he is now qualified to Tutor level 1-2plus as well as assess at that level!
He has coached U10’s – U16’s as a County Coach and in that time has won the Shrewsbury Festival in 2011 and also come runners up in the same Festival in 2013.
As well as being a County Coach he has been the District Development Coach for Kettering & Corby District for 3 years where this year the U11’s and U14’s won there festivals!
His role now is a Cricket Development Officer/Coach Education. This will involve him coaching in Kettering and Northampton Primary Schools. If he isn’t coaching he will be involved in the administrating of the Coach Education program as well as delivering the courses we run.
As well as doing the above he also coaches 121’s.
In 2012 James qualified as a level 3 coach which took a year to complete. With this he is looking to use this in the player pathway and work with the Elite players in our system.