Patricia Hankins- Clubs, Facilities and Growth Officer
Responsible for managing and delivering a range of cricket related objectives in line with the Northants Recreational Cricket Strategic Plan and within the Northants Recreational Cricket CIC Outcome Framework. Some of the roles’ key tasks include:
The role is about delivering the following Northants Recreational Crickets Strategy Objectives;
- Delivering a Nationally recognized, high quality, safe cricket programme which supports more people playing the game at the level and ability of their choosing.
- Ensuring a supportive environment for the development of clubs and their facilities along with the recruitment and retention and development of coaches, umpires, scorers, groundsmen, and other volunteers in the cricket community.
- Providing a coordinated and progressively structure and pathway which enables cricketers
Working in the following areas;
- Club Cricket (including facilities(Small Grants Funding) and volunteers (OSCAs)
- Senior Leagues and Adult Participation (including the Natwest U19 T20 Competition)
- Coach Education (including organising and tutoring on CSW and Level 2 courses as well as delivering CPD courses in schools)
- Women’s and Girls (Including Girls Pathway-( EPP/Elite, Girls Hubs), Womens activity- Softball Festivals)
- Disability, Welfare and Equity (Including supporting the Northants VI team and supporting Club Welfare Officers)
Patricia is an ECB Level 3 Performance coach as well as a Coach Educator/Tutor . She previously worked on the Chance to Shine scheme on behalf of Northamptonshire Cricket before joining the team as a full time employee in October 2013 where she started as a Club and Volunteers development officer. Initially this saw her spend her time coaching in schools, delivering 1-2-1s, organising the Kettering and Corby District Programme as well as developing clubs and the volunteers within Northamptonshire. Patricia has since given up coaching in schools and is based in the office full time as the Club, Facilities and Growth Officer.
Patricia is the current captain of the Northamptonshire Womens 1st XI, The Steel-ettos and has been a player in the squad for over 10 years, she plays her club cricket for Burton Latimer Cricket Club and captains their Women’s team.
Patricia graduated from the University of Bedfordshire in 2011 with a degree in BSc (Hons) Sports Therapy and currently runs a small Sports Therapy business in the Northamptonshire area. Patricia is going to continue with her business alongside her position as Cricket development officer. She hopes to be able to further her experience in the Sports Therapy industry as well as her qualifications as a cricket coach.