Cricket Development Officer responsible for the management and delivery of a range of cricket related objectives in line with the Northants Recreational Cricket Strategic Plan and within the Northants Recreational Cricket CIC Outcome Framework.
The role specialises in Womens and Girls.
- To deliver coaching in Schools as directed by the Northants Schools Plan
- To deliver Coaching Programmes (including 1-1s and various groups)
- To Coach County/District Squads where agreed
- To manage a specific District Programme
- Work in this area with the Cricket Development Officer responsible for the Player Pathway
Women’s & Girls Cricket
- To manage the Women’s & Girls Development Plan
- To deliver the Women’s & Girls Annual Action Plan
Mark has been involved in cricket in Northamptonshire for over twenty years with Isham, Burton Latimer and Old Grammarians Cricket Clubs.
Having gained a degree in Politics and Russian studies, he started life as a Parliamentary Assistant, before returning to University to qualify as a solicitor, gaining his LPC and CPE.
Having chosen to pursue a career in Cricket, Mark started at Northants Recreational Cricket in 2010 and enjoyed three highly successful years as East Northants District Development Coach, fostering a good relationship with clubs and coaches, culminating in a double festival winning season in 2012.
On the County front, Mark has been Head Coach to the Northants Under 11s and Northants Girls Under 13. Mark began his coaching career around the time that Burton Latimer’s Women’s and Girls section began, and an increasing interest in this oft-neglected area of the game led to his becoming an enthusiastic proponent of female participation. He was therefore delighted to be asked to take on the additional role of Women’s and Girls Organiser in October 2012, setting up a strategy committee to look at the state of the game in the County.
With the formalisation of this role in 2013, Mark is working to improve the provision and standard of Women’s and Girls Cricket within Northamptonshire at all levels.