Luke Pomfret – Senior Development Coach
- Planning Northants Recreational Cricket’s Player Pathway training schedule
- Coach two Northamptonshire County Age Group representative teams (1 x Boys, 1 x Girls)
- Oversee Player Pathway fixture & venue planning
- Designing & delivering Moulton College cricket academy programme
- Designing participation & engagement based programmes as required
- Design and deliver Girls Emerging Player Programme
- Develop & manage Northamptonshire Player Pathway coaches
- 1:1 Coaching as required
Luke holds both an ECB Level 3 certificate and ECB Diploma in Coaching Children. He previously worked for the Lancashire Cricket Board as a Cricket Development Coach before relocating to Northampton in late 2017. During his time with Lancashire, Luke was the project lead for Chance2Shine Street in the East Lancashire area. In addition to this Luke also spent time coaching in schools across the county as well as leading on the delivery of school coaching in the Burnley and Pendle areas, also supporting a number of clubs through their Clubmark accreditation as a Club Support Officer.
Luke also has a background in Performance Coaching having worked in the Lancashire Pathway, working with a range of players, both male and female, in different age groups. Additionally Luke has worked with high level players at Edge Hill University, coaching the University’s Men’s Cricket Teams. He has a strong desire to further his coaching qualifications and is aiming to complete the ECB Level 3 course in the near future.
Luke graduated from Edge Hill University in July 2016 with a degree in BA (Hons.) Primary Education. He was awarded the prestigious Chancellors Scholarship for his coaching work with both the University Cricket Team but also at his local club where he established his clubs very first Women & Girls section.